Monday, October 12, 2009

The Big 21

On Wednesday, October 14 I finally turn the big 21. For years now I have pictured what my 21st birthday would be like, and all the crazy things that I would do. So what will I do on my birthday? Will it be as I have envisioned? Will I end up doing memorable things that I will probably not remember because of my drunken stupor? Will I end up having a drunken princess moment? Will I be waking up next to countless girls that I cannot name? Finally, will I be getting into stupid, drunken bar fights that are caused by a mix of liquor and testosterone? As much as I would love to have moments like these, the answer to these questions is that my life from 21 on will most likely not be what I have imagined. For the most part, people have told me that turning 21 is a bit of a letdown. Don't get me wrong, I plan on having someone memorable nights, but for the most part I won't be making a fool of myself in forgettable bars on a daily basis. From what I see, turning 21 is a just another birthday in a long line that are to come. Turning 21 does not make you an adult, the only thing it does do is allow you to go into places where they charge too much for a drink, and encourage you to make an ass out of yourself. Personally, turning 21 is just a little closer to 25, which is half way to 30, and which is the birthday that makes people finally feel old. I've seen my life flash by so quick that I cannot keep up, but I hope it will slow down soon. Getting old is not something I want to happen quickly, but I will accept it when it comes. For turning 21, I expect to have some fun nights and early afternoon hangovers, but I don't think it will be anything it is cracked up to be.

Vocab Words

Abase- to reduce or lower.

Anhydrous- with all water removed

No comments:

Post a Comment