Sunday, November 22, 2009

The Stripclub Experience

Alright so before I start getting deep into this blog, I just want to say that this topic was inspired by overhearing a conversation in our class. After hearing what these people talking about their strip club experiences, I could not help but blog about it. So first and foremost, I just want to say that I have only been to a strip club one time and this blog will examine the interesting dynamic that I experienced while there. I was not one of those guys that went to the strip club right on his eighteenth birthday, actually the only time I went was last December when I was twenty. When I walked into the Kit Kat Club in Sunnyvale, I took tried to take in everything that was going on all at once. The stage is right in front when you walk in with the naked ladies doing their thing, the rather fat bouncers sitting by the dressing room trying to look all physically imposing, and the creeperish looking guys sitting around the stage with their bills in hand. Not gonna lie, I kinda felt like a loser and creeper by being there. One of the most interesting things I saw was the different kinds of people that frequent a strip club. For the most part you have your ugly Asian guys who probably don't speak English, to go along with the stereotypical old man who is the regular there. God when I am old I hope I am not that guy. So eventually I got up the nerve to sit around the stage with my one dollar bills in hand, and damn that is an awkward experience. The lady starts stripping in front of you, trying to be all hot and everything, also trying to whisper sexy things in the process. She told me I should smile more, but in all honesty I didn't really get anything out of it and I really felt sorry for her. To support themselves, these girls have to degrade themselves in front of people on a nightly basis. So my cousin decided to buy me a lap dance, and damn I got absolutely nothing out of it. It is essentially a dry hump. Woopty f***ing do. In no way did a dry hump give me any sense of arousal at all. I got nothing. Forty dollars for feeling as damn awkward as can be. Well I guess the strip club is an interesting experience as a one time event, but I do not understand anyone who enjoys going on a regular basis.

Vocab Words

Abet- to encourage, support, or countenance by aid or approval.

Ennui- a feeling of utter weariness and discontent resulting from satiety or lack of interest.

No comments:

Post a Comment