Monday, November 2, 2009

The Beauty of Halloween

Halloween is one of those advantages that gets taken for granted every single time it comes around. People just think that Halloween is one of the holidays that is just normal, and is definitely not as cool as Christmas or Thanksgiving. Well I have news for all the Halloween haters: If you don't like Halloween or don't think you have to take it seriously then don't come out and be a kill joy. Personally, I think that Halloween is one of those holidays that takes a lot of creativity and effort. One of the things that I think about Halloween is that costumes is a reflection of the personality of the person wearing it. Whatever state of mind you are in each year is directly represented in your costume. Let me take myself as an example. Last year I dressed up as Michael Phelps. Well my costume basically consisted of a swimming cap, fake gold medals, and a speedo. This costume says that I want to get drunk enough to not care about wearing a speedo in public, and that I want the ladies to see the "bod." So this year I was Iceman from Top Gun. BTW Top Gun is one of the greatest movies of all time and anyone who hates has no clue what they are talking about. So my Iceman outfit says that I don't mind being put in an uncomfortable flight suit because I want to look smooth and cool. Another aspect of my costume was my aviator sunglasses. For so long I wanted to be the person that wore sunglasses at night, and finally I was able to do it. I love Halloween for many reasons, and one of the main ones is that it is the one night that girls can dress as promiscuously as they want. As a 21 year old guy, I don't really mind that aspect. Well the one message I want to get across about Halloween is that people need to take it seriously and try to look awesome.

Vocab Words

-cruciverbalism- art of crossword compilation or being a fan of crossword puzzles.

-galimaufrey- large helping of hodgepodge consisting of leftovers, remnants, or simply scraps from the larder.

No comments:

Post a Comment