Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Dreaded Job Interview

Here we go with the second of about fifteen blogs I will be writing for my 100W class at SJSU, and I have just the right topic in mind for it. Tomorrow afternoon I will have a wonderful time experiencing one of the more dreaded things in life- The Job Interview. Every single time I go on a job interview I don't think it can get worse, but it never fails to disappoint. Before I get into the whole process sitting down with a complete stranger and talking about something I usually have no idea about, I want to address how to prepare for a job interview. Do you do research about the place you are interviewing at so you can have a little bit of small talk? How are you supposed to dress? Casual or Professional? If there are multiple people interviewing, do you dress to stand out, or to blend in? Is it serious enough of an interview to do a complete resume? The whole process is just so infuriating because there are a ton of different variables that go into the whole situation. Now let me get to the whole interview process itself. When you sit down with the interviewer, it is always so awkward to try and impress a person you don't even know based when, in this economy, getting a job is almost impossible. Another thing I always think about when I am there is if my latent psychic abilities will kick in and I will be able to read the interviewers mind. I always want to know what they are thinking, and if there is even the slightest chance I will be working there in the foreseeable future. Man, job interviews wrack my mind ridiculously, and make me question myself in whole new ways that I never thought possible. Thankfully, my job interview tomorrow if for a bartending position that I am almost guranteed to get. Maybe I won't have to think about all those things that I just addressed, but I probably will anyway.


Vocab Words (Week 2)

-neophyte- a beginner or novice.

-coalesce- to grow together or into one body.

No comments:

Post a Comment